The search phrase 'online survey legitimate or a scam' is a very common search term when it comes to the paid online survey business - people just don't want to get ripped off and that is understandable..
It's actually a bit of both and it doesn't just depend on luck if you find a reputable company that pays- it depends on doing a bit of careful research.
A lot of this controversy is the fault of the industry itself. Let me explain.
Firstly, there is a lot of hype. Sites claim, for example, that you can do 5 surveys a day and quit your day job. Guess what happens - people then sign up with 'false' expectations. They find that they only get 1 or 2 surveys to do instead of the five or more and shout 'scam scam' to who ever will listen.
To be honest I can sympathize with many of these people because they have been 'misled'. Had the survey companies said look you 'should' be able to do 1 or 2 surveys a day for starters and then build up then people would have more realistic expectations and build from a better base.
Secondly, if you think filling in surveys is easy money and will allow you to quit your day job then you should possibly think again!
Why? You may ask. Well, the answer is fairly straightforward. Your income is 'limited' to the number of surveys that are 'presented' to you by the companies. This is something that you have little control over.
What basically happens is that you sign up to do surveys and they email you with surveys for you to complete. If they email you 1 - then that is the potential income that you will have. So obviously the more companies you sign up to the more surveys you will get - Right? Wrong!
It doesn't always work out that way. One of the main reasons for this is that some survey companies will specialize in providing you with surveys that can take 15 minutes or more to fill out and pay you between $1.50 and $3. Not too bad you may say. I can get up to $12 per hour!
If you look a bit harder you can actually find some companies, especially with focus group activity that will pay you up to $40 for about 45 minutes work - it's the old quantity vs quality trade off!
There are two alternatives.
1. You can search the net for survey sites and find them. You will get a mixture of sites that will ask for an up front fee before you get a survey - don't pay for these sites - most are scams. Reputable survey companies are usually free to join - but even the sites that are free to join often don't pay!
2. You can for a small fee, usually around $35 get membership to sites that find the paying sites saving you the time and hassle in finding reputable sites.
Not all of these are reputable and you have to be careful. The ones that are best offer refunds and don't claim extravagant results. These sites will allow you to make some income to start with and help you to create a legitimate second income.
There's nothing worse than spending time and not getting paid for it. So the answer to the question is online survey legitimate or a scam really depends on two things - your expectations and your 'approach' to finding the right sites.
Jobs are an important part of our lives. We all want to make sure that our career take the right kind of turns so that we can develop our career fast. Therefore it is always very important to make sure that you land yourself in the right job. Employment search is one of the most important things that we need to do.
People who are seeking jobs need to follow certain tips which will help them to get the right job. There are people who tend to ask the basic question which is how to find a job.
It is somewhat true the job search is quite a tedious task and it requires lots of time investment. There are certain things that are required for this search. You need to learn about these things and make sure that you are ready with all these things.
These days’ people look for the jobs on the internet. Internet has become one of the most preferred sources searching for jobs. There are certain tips which can be helpful for the job seekers.
1. The first thing you need to do is search frequently. If you are looking for the jobs on the internet then you need to be careful because the information on the internet changes quite frequently. One of the benefits of internet is that the job application can be posted within a few seconds.
2. The next job search tip which you need to keep in mind is creating a good resume. If you are unable to write your own resume then always try to take professional help. Most of the job search engines offer professional help to write your resume. They usually charge for this.
3. Thirdly you must always begin with the beginner’s job. They will not only help you learn the job but will also help you to gain experience which will enrich your resume. If you can increase your years of experience then you will get lots of good opportunities in future.
4. Research is one of the best ways for the job seekers to search for the jobs. Internet can help you perform the research for employment search.
5. When you are hunting for a job try to treat it as a job itself. This will help you to concentrate on it in a better way. It is very important to maintain a discipline for searching a job.
6. It will be better if you find out the name and contact number of the hiring manager of the company in which you applied for your job. You can then send in your resume directly to the hiring manager.
7. One of the best ways to ensure interview calls is to increase your visibility. You must always update your profile in the employment search engines to make sure you stay on top.
8. You must be open to every kind of possibilities.
9. After you go for employer search find out details about the employer you are interested in.
10. Make sure you take up self assessment before you find a job.