Written in a breezy and humorous style, Job Hunting 101: The Ultimate Guide to Landing Your First Job Out of School by Matt M. Gordon is a manual meant to guide the newly graduated toward the first rung on their personal ladders of success. The focus of the book is far reaching, orienting on long term career goals. There are also the usual sections found in a job hunting guide, such as chapters on resumes and interviews. Therefore this book is a useful resource for all job seekers, with special emphasis for those just starting in the workforce after college.
Matt Gordon tells his readers to think of him as a professor. In turn, he offers to mentor them in the 6 main objectives of his job hunting course:
1) Defining job criteria- Analyze and identify your current needs and long term goals
2) Writing impressive resumes and cover letters- Learn what to include and what to avoid
3) Generating interviews- There are more ways to get interviews than just perusing the classifieds. Be creative and take the initiative to seek out opportunities
4) Preparing for interviews- Research is the key to a great interview
5) Winning the interview game- Tips to put your best self forward and stand above the crowd
6) Handling job offers- Weigh the aspects of each job offer to choose the one that will best meet your current needs and long term goals identified in phase 1.
Each of those 6 phases is a crucial point of career planning, and these are only some of the explanations, anecdotes and examples Matt Gordon uses to help light the way. The helpful tips do not stop there. Chapter 7 advises you on what to do after you have chosen and landed your first job.
All in all, Matt M. Gordon has written an excellent guide that no job seeker should be without-whether you are changing careers or heading into the workforce for the first time.
There are millions of jobs to do online for a residual income. As a good writer, I have made a lot of money doing some menial job for others online and getting paid every week. If you do not want the hassles associated with affiliate marketing, referral programs, pay per clicks, survey taking, investing, then, I have got a wonderful income opportunity. Even though you are a stay at home Mum like my mother, you can make at least $400 monthly doing internet jobs.
Internet Jobs are jobs that internet marketers outsource so that they can have enough time to create more products and do other research. There is also a way to profit from outsourcing jobs which I will reveal maybe on my next submission.
Firstly, I want to show you where to get jobs before I will now tell you the best jobs that pays in no time if you begin today. To get an outsourced job, visit:
1. Elance.com. This website is just as good as your next meal. This is where those who have a job to give meet those who want to do the job. For instance, if I need to get about 20 original articles which I want to submit to ezine, I could decide to outsource it to a professional writer and then pay him or her when the job is done. At elance, you have got to make the right choice because new jobs are been posted everyday.
2. Guru.com For software and website designers, this website is all you need. When you join, you will receive an instant access to the marketplace where you can bid on jobs and post jobs too.
3. Getfreelancer.com. This outsourcing job is also nice. It consists of writing jobs, software designs, website development, script licensing and the likes.
4. 99designs.com. This website is solely for graphic designs and logo creation. If you like creating and designing, then join this website today and find out how to make at least $200 everyday.
The best Jobs you can do online for a residual Income
5. Article Writing and Editing. On the above outsourcing sites, you could get a job to write fresh articles ranging from $4 – $10 for 300 words article. Let’s assume you will be paid $5 for one article and you write 5 articles today, automatically, you have made $25. Repeat this everyday for the next 30 days and see how much your salary is.
6. Website Design / Development. If you are good in web technology, then you can get a single job at any of the above outsourcing site for $4,000. If you remain loyal to your virtual and invisible employer, he can retain you for even greater jobs.
As you tour those job sites, be rest assured that there are millions of dollars sailing on every page. Do yourself a favor by bidding on them. This is a sure way to make a residual income online every day, week and month. To your success, see you at the top!